New Core 2 Issues

• Hi all:
    My new arrival Core 2 can not be erased or burn the new firmware:

0_1634223195032_7d34e1d2-52f1-4e52-b2af-5c0f6ed13928-image.png
    and :
    0_1634223264655_98a35f14-68a3-48a8-a8a1-3f04df0b9008-image.png

what am I wrong here? I just follow the instructions in the docs.

• Yes indeed, the Core2 is really terrible when it comes to flashing/burning images. I have a M5Paper that I use from the very same computer and have no problem at all flashing anything, but Core2 is very, very, very tedious.
    I will take you many retries to finally succeed getting something burned. What I found is that sometimes pressing the reset button right after starting to burn helps. Might be just a mental illusion, but I have the feeling my success rate improved by 1 or 2%.

• @littlbee said in New Core 2 Issues:

Yes indeed, the Core2 is really terrible when it comes to flashing/burning images. I have a M5Paper that I use from the very same computer and have no problem at all flashing anything, but Core2 is very, very, very tedious.
    I will take you many retries to finally succeed getting something burned. What I found is that sometimes pressing the reset button right after starting to burn helps. Might be just a mental illusion, but I have the feeling my success rate improved by 1 or 2%.

This implies you can burn an image to the core2 are you using windows or Mac OS? It seems there are major issues with the core2 which are not being addressed.

• The issue is not with the M5Stack, the problem currently resides with Apple.
    Apple Introduced some security features that blocked certain FDTI drivers and guess what, they blocked the ones used by M5Stack.

• @ajb2k3 Nothing to do with Apple, I'm all Windows 10 based and really annoyed as well. This is really Core 2 specific, as I have no issue at all with my M5Paper using the same Win10 desktop computer.

• Could this have something to do with the USB chip that's recently been swapped:

"Note: Core2 currently has two CP2104/CH9102F A USB chip version, users can install the drivers (CH9102 and CP210x) that are compatible with two ICs at the same time to ensure that the device drivers work normally."

• @littlbee

Hi, sorry for your problems with burning...frustrating to say the least!

I would attempt to try repeating the process from another computer...is that an option?

Let's try to figure out if this is a communication error or a Core 2 defect?

Keep us updated!