The ENV-Sensor does not give me readings if it exceeds a distance of 20cm in the grove cable, how can I solve it?

• I prove a hub with 6 ENV-Sensor, they work whit the pa-hub but only with the 20cm cable, if i plug a longer cable they did'nt work.

• Hello @jesus-valencia

from your description it is not clear to me whether you mean the cable between M5Stack device and PaHub or the cables between PaHub and Env sensors. Care to clarify?

Does it work with the long cable but only one Env sensor connected? If yes, my guess would be that maybe with all 6 Env sensores connected there is a power issue, e.g. with the long cable the voltage drops to much?

Thanks
    Felix

• Hi @felmue, the sensor is not read even if it is only connected to the core with the 1m cable.
    I think what you say is correct about the voltage drop, but how can I fix it.
    Thank you.

• Hello @jesus-valencia

which M5Stack device (Fire, Base, Core2, Stick, Atom, ...) are you using? I am asking because I've tried with M5StickC Plus, M5Stack Base and M5Atom Lite and 2 m of cable between M5Stack device and ENV sensor and it worked just fine. (Note: I used UIFlow for this test.) Care to share your code?

• have you measured the voltage on the ENV sensor? (Maybe the voltage is ok?)
    • since you have multiple ENV sensors, do all of them fail? (Maybe one is faulty?)
    • have you tried a different power source? (Maybe the USB power supply is weak?)
    • have you tried a different USB cable? (Maybe the USB cable is bad or too long?)

Thanks
    Felix