decoding codes from LG air wall controller

• Hello,
    I want to obtain codes from Lg air wall controller. I dissasemble the wall controller and I see three wires: GND, VCC (13,3V measured with a multimeter) and SIGNAL (13,3V too). I bouth a bidirectional logic converter that converts 3,3V to 5V and vice versa but I have read that the converter can handle the voltage of my wall controller. I make the connections: hight voltage side for the wires of lg controller and the low voltage side for the m5stack GRAY (3,3V, GND and pinout 16).
    On the other hand, I had read that the LG protocol for this controller the baud rate is 104 bps and 13 bytes for the serial datastream. I supose that the correct way is to use an oscilloscope to identify the signal but i don't have one.
    When I do the connections and see the screen of the Serial of m5stack i receive 0s. For receiving messages with sense I tried to change the LV pin of the logic converter to the 5V of the m5stack. When a little time passed a burning smell brings to me. I quickly disconnect the m5stack.
    At this point, I has two questions:

• when I try to upload code to my m5stack I receive the next message:
      esptool.py v3.0-dev
      Serial port /dev/ttyUSB0
      Connecting......................................____Ha ocurrido un error mientras se enviaba el sketch
      _

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header
    I want to know if there is a possibility to restore the m5stack or it is death.

• The second question is how can I read 13 bytes in Serial port.
      Thank you in advance.

• you input 5V level to the Device GPIO? .. the esp32 input voltage should lower than 3.6v. else it would be broken. I think your device was dead.