M5 StickC+ issues from previous versions solved ?

• Does anybody know are those problems from previous versions of M5 StickC solved ?

• Current consumption when turned off is still 1.92 mA ?
    • Problems with turning on LCD when battery is drained below some level ?
    • Can we change battery easily ?

• @amidar said in M5 StickC+ issues from previous versions solved ?:

Does anybody know are those problems from previous versions of M5 StickC solved ?

• Current consumption when turned off is still 1.92 mA ?

Not too sure on this one. Turned off by holding the power button for 6 seconds, or turned off with deep sleep? Because what I read was about current consumption of 1.92 mA during deep sleep.

• Problems with turning on LCD when battery is drained below some level ?

This has been fixed, as long has you have the newer version of the M5StickC (the one with the blue 5V In sticker at the top header).
    0_1600089164498_m5stickC_new_version.jpg

• Can we change battery easily ?

No, not easily. I think that involves some decent "surgery" on the device to replace the battery.

• Hi @amidar

I was able to get my M5StickC down to 37 uA when turned off. Please see all the measurements here: https://www.gwendesign.com/kb/m5stack/m5stickc/

And no, getting to the battery and swap it out is not easy.

@world101 Interesting that there are different stickers. The sticker on mine mentions the RTC (like the left one on your picture) but the 5V label is still red. Maybe a version in between?

Cheers
    Felix

• @felmue said in M5 StickC+ issues from previous versions solved ?:

@world101 Interesting that there are different stickers. The sticker on mine mentions the RTC (like the left one on your picture) but the 5V label is still red. Maybe a version in between?

Cheers
    Felix

Yep there are 4 different versions documented here.

• Hello @world101

hmm, the two stickers in your picture and mine are all different, yet all three devices already have the copper nuts, which according to that list have been added only in the second last version. This would mean only two version with copper nuts should exist...

Cheers
    Felix

• @felmue

I wouldn’t assume a change in the sticker also represents a change in hardware. For example, I have the initial release of the M5StickC (no copper nuts, which are actually copper mounting screw holes), red 5V IN on the sticker, and no “RTC” label on the sticker. However, my device actually has a functional RTC inside. So adding the RTC label on the sticker doesn’t mean they revisioned the hardware and added the RTC. It was always there.

I also cannot assume that the M5stack documentation is accurate 🤣. I think they make little revisions over time and don’t always communicate or document what was done.