"Timed out waiting for packet header"

• Hi
    Trying to follow an official M5 tuto, I want to upload the arduino code to the Fire board.
    I get a time out error. Full message :
    Arduino : 1.8.1 (Windows 7), Carte : "M5Stack-FIRE, Enabled, Default (2 x 6.5 MB app, 3.6 MB SPIFFS), 115200, None"
    [...]
    esptool.py v2.6
    Serial port COM26
    Connecting......................................____Une erreur est survenue lors du transfert du croquis
    _

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header

I tried many baudrates, with no luck
    Some people say it is because we need to hold-down the “BOOT/FLASH” button while uploading ...is there a simple way to do it with the Fire board ?

• Sooooo...
    The arduino code did upload - I don't know why!
    But the program did not show anything so I tried to edit it, and now it won't upload.
    So I thought it was something about the USB mode. Unfortunately, I don't have the setup option anymore
    So I tried burning the 1.6.2 firmware again...M5Burner fails with this message:
    Chip is ESP32D0WDQ6 (revision 1)
    Features: WiFi, BT, Dual Core, 240MHz, VRef calibration in efuse
    MAC: a4:cf:12:44:6d:d0
    Uploading stub...
    Running stub...
    Stub running...
    Configuring flash size...
    Warning: Could not auto-detect Flash size (FlashID=0xffffff, SizeID=0xff), defaulting to 4MB
    A fatal error occured: File C:\Users\zzz\Downloads\M5Burner\packages\fw\other\wifi.bin (length 100) at offset 6287360 will not fit in 4194304 bytes of flash. Use --flash-size argument, or change flashing address

Burned failed

I feel so stupid...

• try to remove the FIRE battery bottom

try to erase the flash by M5Burner

then try upload the UIFlow firmware agian.

if still don't work. you could contact the store

• Thanx...everything back to normal
    Is there a way to mark topic as [solved] ?

• Oups...not solved at all
    It did it again and again. Won't flash from arduino IDE

Arduino : 1.8.1 (Windows 7), Carte : "M5Stack-FIRE, Enabled, Default (2 x 6.5 MB app, 3.6 MB SPIFFS), 115200, Debug"

[ ]
    C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\tools\esptool_py\2.6.1/esptool.exe --chip esp32 --port COM26 --baud 115200 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 80m --flash_size detect 0xe000 C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\hardware\esp32\1.0.4/tools/partitions/boot_app0.bin 0x1000 C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\hardware\esp32\1.0.4/tools/sdk/bin/bootloader_dio_80m.bin 0x10000 C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_345911/FireScreen.ino.bin 0x8000 C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_345911/FireScreen.ino.partitions.bin
    esptool.py v2.6
    Serial port COM26
    Connecting........___.....
    Chip is ESP32D0WDQ6 (revision 1)
    Features: WiFi, BT, Dual Core, 240MHz, VRef calibration in efuse, Coding Scheme None
    MAC: a4:cf:12:44:6d:d0
    Uploading stub...
    Running stub...
    Stub running...
    Configuring flash size...
    Warning: Could not auto-detect Flash size (FlashID=0xffffff, SizeID=0xff), defaulting to 4MB
    Compressed 8192 bytes to 47...

A fatal error occurred: Timed out waiting for packet content

I did erase and reflash firmware...fail again
    I'm getting mad at this Fire thing
    So promising and so disappointing!

• Getting worse...M5burner won't even erase now

Erase now

esptool.py v2.5.0
    Serial port COM26
    Connecting........_
    Detecting chip type...

It stays there for ever