Core2 schematics

• Hello,

yesterday I got my first Core2 and it's very amazing. I like the new touch screen.

I like to use it with ESP-IDF and so I am searching for some hardware information to
    program the software. I downloaded the overall schematic and I didn't found details of

• FT6336U
    • ILI9342C.

I found all data sheets, thank you.

Also I found a small box marked with "LCD" at the overall schematic and I saw the MISO/MOSI/SCK-Pins.
    Is there some more information?

I guess

• I cann't use interrupt of FT6363U and

• I cann't read back the pixel value of the ILI9342C to control lots of WS8212.

• Hello @sheepDog

I was wondering, does the data sheet you found for FT6336U contain a description of the registers and their contents? The data sheet linked from M5Stack page doesn't describe the registers, but it talks about different operation modes. I am particularly interested in how to activate hibernation mode.

Thanks
    Felix

• Hello Felix,

you are right. I downloaded a long data sheet for the FT6336U from an other source. These data sheet consist 30 pages, at M5Stack you can load only 10 pages. Only the first few pages are the same at both sources.

Thanks
    Uwe

• Hello Uwe

Thanks, I found a data sheet for FT5x06 which seems similar enough and with that I figured out how to put touch IC into hibernation mode - writing 0x03 into register 0xA5 (PWR_MODE) does the trick.

BTW: I am using FT6363U interrupt - it's connected to GPIO39. You might want to play with the two available modes: trigger mode (0x01 - default) and polling mode (0x00) which can be set via register 0xA4 (G_MODE).

Cheers
    Felix

• Hello Felix,

thank you for the GPIO39 information. How did you get the information? Try and error?

Thanks,
    Uwe

• Hello Uwe

In the overall schematics at the bottom right you'll see CTP_2.0Inch which is the touch IC and the INT line is labelled with GPIO39.

GPIO39 is also set as input in the touch::begin() function of the touch.c source file: https://github.com/m5stack/M5Core2/blob/master/src/touch.cpp

Cheers
    Felix

• Hello Felix,

thanks for your help. I saw the INT-line.

Do you program with Arduino or ESP-IDF or ..?

Thanks,
    Uwe

• Hi Uwe

You are welcome!

I am using Visual Studio Code / PlatformIO (platform: espressif32; framework: arduino). Which is similar to the Arduino IDE.

Cheers
    Felix