Power on and off with an external switch when panel mounted

• Hi Guys,
    I would like to panel mount a couple of the M5Stacks in an instrument cluster. I am trying to figure out how to power these on and off when I don't have access to the power button when it is behind the panel. I can run a usb cable to small UPS back-up battery (actually for a raspberry pi) and this feeds power to the M5Stacks. As soon as I turn on the UPS power switch, all is good that the M5's power on, but I have no way to turn them off. Is there a way to mount an external switch on the panel that will turn the M5's on and off without hacking into the mounted push-buttons?

Also, just to add more info, the current buttons are used like this: The middle button selects the different sensor readings from the engine and the left and right buttons are used to change the brightness of the screen.

Cheers
    John

• feed power to the bus connection inside the m5stack (2x15 pin connection) as long as no battery is connected then that should work as you need.

• Thanks for the info. Solves the issue. So looking at the schematic I would connect to pin 28 for 5V and pin 1,3 or 5 for GND.

Cheers.