M5Stack does not connect WiFi with Node attached

• My M5Stack does not connect to WiFi when the Node shield is attached. When I remove the Node and connect the battery or USB shield, the WiFi connection is perfect.
    I have two M5Stack's and two Node's both same issue.

Does anyone knows how to solve this?

• Just received and similar issue here, from my desk there is no way to connect to WiFi, it work only closer to the router, it seem the node board interfere with antenna.

• btw if i put in between a proto-modul ( still empty ) work perfectly fine, and maybe should help also getting better measure on DHT12, will try

• maybe is the router signal quality problem. you could try put the device closer the router

• @m5stack said in M5Stack does not connect WiFi with Node attached:

maybe is the router signal quality problem. you could try put the device closer the router

No, i experience significative degradation with node base attached, while using face base i can connect from long distance. As i mentioned, putting proto board in between mitigate partially, i can gain some meter but not as using face base

• Banned

Installing the silabs Silicon Labs VCP Driver.pkg worked for me also. 👍
    (on OS X 10.11.6)

Seems obvious that we need the drivers, but I thought I already had them after going thru the espressif/arduino-esp32 install steps.
    e.g. My "System Report / Hardware / USB" showed
    CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller driver

For others' future reference, you should see something like:
    n8s-iMac:nleon$ ls -al /dev/tty.*
    crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 18, 2 Jul 4 11:14 /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART

Regardless, thanks for the pointer!

Admin
    Apps4Rent