micropython flowlib missing sources

• @world101 m5stack is now doing some quality surveys etc, do it and tell them to make this available! Maybe they'll do that if more people ask for it!

• @world101 I extracted the modules from the flash of an original stick with 1.2.3 firmware and uploaded them to my github https://github.com/lukasmaximus89/M5Stick-1.2.3-Modules perhaps it may be useful to you. An important point though is 1.2.3 firmware is based on loboris micropython fork so those modules are likely to be incompatible with the latest main branch of micropython

• @lukasmaximus

Thanks, but I'm not sure that helps that much. I'm more interested in the new libs bundled with the current firmware based on Micropython v1.11. Can those be extracted as well? If not, since you work at M5Stack, can you talk to a colleague to obtain them? They must exist somewhere if they are included with the newer firmware, right?

• I share @world101 thoughts. In another post ( http://community.m5stack.com/topic/1586/micropython-fresh-start/6 ) that diverged to the same issue I posted the following (for simplicity we should, from now on, keep the discussion in the current post instead of the other one.)

"Thanks @lukasmaximus ! Good link for some info!
    I understand that they are now frozen in bytecode, but to do that you first need the normal source code. I know we can access https://github.com/m5stack/UIFlow-Code but those are only the ones that are not frozen. It would be a HUGEEE help and benefit for the community that the rest of the code would also be available. For example, I am making a project in which I need to do a custom micropython firmware with littlevGL and other stuff frozen, but without the source code that is currently frozen on your MP version I can't use my version with full potential on a m5stack. So if you could release the source code before being turned into bytecode, that would be a great help!
    Even if someone doesn't want to create a new MP custom firmare, just having the code would be easier to see what M5stack libraries are available, with no need to use repl to print them all.
    Hope I was not too confuse, I can clarify if needed!"

• Any update on this subject?

• 2 months have passed, any development?

• @tialm we has plan to open source all Unit code. but maybe it need wait the UIFlow2.0 version finish

• @m5stack Hi m5stack, Any news on the open source / UIflow 2.0? progress

• @waroffice please wait patiently

• @m5stack I'm just getting started with the UI-Flow firmware and am very interested in seeing more of it go open source, especially the the code for the Hats.

Any updates on open source plans?

• @m5stack said in micropython flowlib missing sources:

@tialm we has plan to open source all Unit code. but maybe it need wait the UIFlow2.0 version finish

How are you doing with this @m5stack?

The promise to be able to use MicroPython on bare metal is what attracted me to your gadget in the first place, I certainly wasn't expecting to have to start from scratch. You do realize that for those of us in this predicament the cores without input/output libs are just nice looking tiny plastic bricks, right? Based on this thread patience is wearing thin and you are losing customers.

You can share with a click of the mouse those drivers that already work well in the current UIFlow (1.6.4), start with the basics (axp192, lcd, buttons,...) - and some instructions on how to build/freeze them in.

No need to get them perfect, just do it.

Thanks!

• @m5stack said in micropython flowlib missing sources:

@tialm we has plan to open source all Unit code. but maybe it need wait the UIFlow2.0 version finish

10 months later...

So has there been any updates on this? If i knew this would end up in proprietary BS again i would have bought something else. Wasn't the whole point about learning to program Microcontrollers to NOT be some random companies b*tch? The device is great. But like this its just a blockly-toy.