M5StickC with hubs and units

• Hi everyone

I already have an M5StickC with PIR hat and ENV unit but I wanted to add some more units.

I bought the 3 port grove hub, light unit and rgb led unit and I now realise they will not work all at the same time.
    I believe it's because the ENV unit is "Port A I2C" and the RGB LED and Light unit are "Port B IO".

When using M5flow with the M5Stick I can only ever select "Port A" when adding units so I assume the M5StickC is restricted to just the one grove port.
    Also I would guess I can't supply enough power to get them all to run.

But assuming power is not an issue, using the other hubs (PaHub or PbHub) to run ENV sensor unit, light unit and RGB LED all at the same time as the PIR hat?

Thanks, B

• As you have surmised already, the M5StickC can not provide enough power to run several devices via PortA and as you may have guessed it only has one port, PortA.
    RGB LEDs will work on portA as they use digital communications but not at the same time as and I2c device. That said there is now a dedicated ENV hat you can use instead of using the ENV unit on the StickC.

You need to "Hack" a power lead to run more power hungry items on the port and I will (Hopefully, If I find the time) be releasing a tutorial on how to make the lead over the weekend.

• Thank you for confirming. Sounds like an excuse to buy a Core as well :p

That said there is now a dedicated ENV hat you can use instead of using the ENV unit on the StickC.
    I did actually originally order the M5StickC with the ENV hat but I found the temperature readings were skewed when connected to HAT pins when the wifi and screen were enabled on the device.

• @ss4f11 If you had mentioned this previously, sorry, my memory isn't that great.
    I need to look into finding a walkaround for that for my book but again it on my "To Do" list.