cp210x.ko driver - invalid module format

• Has anyone encounter similar problem in Ubuntu?

insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/4.13.0-35-generic/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/cp210x.ko: Invalid module format

• @lim
    M5Stack works without problem on Ubuntu 17.10 & Ubuntu 16.04.
    Maybe something is wrong with your Ubuntu instalation?

• Did you refer to the driver or the M5Stack-idf? All my esp-idf drivers and examples as well as the Webradio Bluetooth Speaker work without any issues. Can you be more specific, please?

• @lim

cp210x driver on Ubuntu works without any problem.
    There is no difference between M5Stack and other ESP32 boards using the same USB to UART chip (related to the communication with the PC).
    I can communicate with the M5Stack same as with other ESP32 boards I have (flash, terminal, etc.).
    Built applications runs the same on M5Stack as on other ESP32 boards I have.

There is nothing specific to M5Stack which should cause behaviour different than other ESP32 boards.

• I gave it a go using all esp-idf components and a program without M5Stack. I then hit the command, "make flash monitor". The result is as what you said. Awesome!

I would like use your source to get the TFT LCD screen to work first. Do you have any advise for me that I should aware, avoid, etc, please?

Thank you