Continue to try Wifi Connection indefinitely, and go back to the connection/reboot if a try fails.

• @lukasmaximus

Hey Luke,
    thanks for getting back to me. I flashed with the flash.sh (I'm on linux) including all the .spiffs file.

However, when I try to get I get the following.

0_1556078818398_caf04472-80f1-4d4e-96a8-89d0f7ae5bfa-image.png

• Strange, which version of the firmware are you using, could you post the log from flash.sh process or the command you used, maybe the files are not getting written to the correct memory addresses, usually it should look like this

"--chip esp32 --port %port --baud %baud write_flash -z 0x1000 %PATH\bootloader.bin 0xf000 %PATH\phy_init_data.bin 0x10000 %PATH\MicroPython.bin 0x8000 %PATH\partitions_mpy.bin",
    "--chip esp32 --port %port --baud %baud --before default_reset --after no_reset write_flash -z --flash_freq 40m 0x170000 %PATH\spiffs_image_0x170000.img"

• Yep sure will, I'll get it for you tonight.

• @lukasmaximus

esptool.py --chip esp32 --port /dev/${port} --baud 921600 --before default_reset --after no_reset write_flash -z \
    --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 80m --flash_size detect \
    0x1000 bootloader.bin \
    0xf000 phy_init_data.bin \
    0x10000 MicroPython.bin \
    0x8000 partitions_mpy.bin \
    0x170000 spiffs_image_0x170000.img

I have a feeling however, I did not do this properly. However everything seems to be working fine besides not being able to get into the system, and not being able to change font..

• @foxhound Maybe, you need install python2.7 for compiling this firmware. A year ago, I compiled a micropython firmware with python3. And the serial monitor displayed some error which seem like yours.

• @m5-docs

Good idea, thanks mate!

Also, can you tell me how to properly change the font? I'm trying to increase the size.

lcd.font(FONT_DejaVu18)

Doesn't compile

lcd.font("FONT_DejaVu18")

Doesn't do anything?

• @foxhound said in Continue to try Wifi Connection indefinitely, and go back to the connection/reboot if a try fails.:

@m5-docs

Good idea, thanks mate!

Also, can you tell me how to properly change the font? I'm trying to increase the size.

lcd.font(FONT_DejaVu18)

Doesn't compile

lcd.font("FONT_DejaVu18")

Doesn't do anything?

lcd.font doesn't work. try something like

from m5stack import *
    from m5ui import *

clear_bg(0x222222)

btnA = M5Button(name="ButtonA", text="ButtonA", visibility=False)
    btnB = M5Button(name="ButtonB", text="ButtonB", visibility=False)
    btnC = M5Button(name="ButtonC", text="ButtonC", visibility=False)
    label1 = M5TextBox(118, 116, "Text", lcd.FONT_Default,0xFFFFFF, rotate=0)

label1.setFont(lcd.FONT_DejaVu24)

Here I am using a label for text.

• The fonts used on the m5stack are bitmap fonts and therefore are not scalable, they are whatever size they were converted in. A while back on our forums one of our users loboris who is an active developer in the micropython community developed a cool tool to convert any font file in any size you want to a .fon bitmap font format, you cant find it here http://forum.m5stack.com/topic/388/cahnge-font-size-in-python/20

• @ajb2k3

Awesome, of course, I needed to call lcd.FONT_DejaVu24.
    However, I did manage to get lcd.font(lcd.FONT_DejaVu24) to work fine for me. I just called it at the top of my script and all is well.

@lukasmaximus
    Thanks, I'll take a look at that, so far DejaVu24 is working well for me. But if i need to make it larger I'll be sure to check that out.

• @foxhound Best wish to you !