Blynk on M5Stack via uiFlow and block-maker

• It manages to import the library, it just doesn't understand that attribute!

• @lastcaress

If it doesn’t understand that line it may not have imported the library correctly. Did you put it in the /flash/lib directory on the m5stack? Also, just wanted to make sure you are running the latest v1.1.2 firmware.

Did you paste your Blynk Auth Key into the flow before running it in uiFlow?

Also, are you able to access the REPL prompt? If not I can show you how. It’s good for troubleshooting.

• I am running the latest firmware and I uploaded the BlynkLib.py file from the git repo you linked using rshell to /flash/lib :P I used a raspbian os to it as I've never been able to use ampy! The import BlynkLib line of code doesn't cause any error. I did paste the auth key :D
    I do not know how to access the repl prompt though!

• So I got hold of a macbook and tried via ampy and.. it works!! I should've tried this before as my attemps at using the blynk python library probably didn't work before because I used rshell and maybe it sends the file in a different format? This is very nice!

• @lastcaress said in Blynk on M5Stack via uiFlow and block-maker:

So I got hold of a macbook and tried via ampy and.. it works!! I should've tried this before as my attemps at using the blynk python library probably didn't work before because I used rshell and maybe it sends the file in a different format? This is very nice!

Ampy didn't work on my macbook pro and it took me ages to find out that my pythone was P3 but I hadn't set up the enviroment shell correctly.
    Glad it works.

• Sweet, I got this to work as well.
    Looks like something else to add to the project list.

• @ajb2k3, @LastCaress

Glad you all got it working. To access REPL, you can do this from the Mac Terminal with the M5Stack connected to a USB port.

screen /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART 115200

You may not see anything at first, so you can press CTRL+C on the keyboard to drop you into the REPL prompt (>>>). From there, you can do your regular MicroPython commands. For example...

>>> os.listdir()
    ['image_app', 'main.py', 'emoji', 'sys_lib', 'config.py', 'lib', 'res', 'flow.py', 'blocks', 'apps', 'debug.py', 'modeconfig.json', 'boot.py', 'img']
    >>> os.listdir('lib')
    ['servo.py', 'square.py', 'step_motor.py', 'm5_pin.py', 'm5bala.py', 'wave.mpy', 'lego_board.py', 'bmp280.mpy', 'dht12.mpy', 'mpu6050.py', 'chunk.mpy', 'pid.py', 'lego.py', 'BlynkLib.py']
    >>> import BlynkLib

___  __          __
       / _ )/ /_ _____  / /__
      / _  / / // / _ \/  '_/
     /____/_/\_, /_//_/_/\_\
            /___/ for Python v0.2.0

>>> help()
    Welcome to LoBo MicroPython for the ESP32

For online documentation please visit the Wiki pages:
    https://github.com/loboris/MicroPython_ESP32_psRAM_LoBo/wiki

Based on official MicroPython, this port brings many new features:

- support for two cores and 4MB SPIRAM (psRAM)
     - improved 'network' module
     - greatly improved thread support
     - support for 3 different internal file systems on top of ESP32 VFS
     - ESP32 native support for SD Card
     - built-in FTP & Telnet servers
     - support for OTA updates
     - many new and improved hardware access modules implemented in C
     and many more...

Control commands:
      CTRL-A        -- on a blank line, enter raw REPL mode
      CTRL-B        -- on a blank line, enter normal REPL mode
      CTRL-C        -- interrupt a running program
      CTRL-D        -- on a blank line, do a soft reset of the board
      CTRL-E        -- on a blank line, enter paste mode

For further help on a specific object, type help(obj)
    For a list of available modules, type help('modules')
    >>> help('modules')
    __main__          m5flow/m5mqtt     math              uerrno
    _thread           m5flow/m5stack    microWebSocket    uhashlib
    ak8963            m5flow/peripheral microWebSrv       uheapq
    array             m5flow/simple     microWebTemplate  uio
    binascii          m5flow/ubutton    micropython       ujson
    btree             m5flow/unit/adc   mpu6500           uos
    builtins          m5flow/unit/button                  mpu9250           upip
    cmath             m5flow/unit/color network           upip_utarfile
    collections       m5flow/unit/dac   os                upysh
    display           m5flow/unit/dual_button             pye               urandom
    errno             m5flow/unit/ext_io                  random            ure
    freesans20        m5flow/unit/ir    re                urequests
    functools         m5flow/unit/ncir  select            uselect
    gc                m5flow/unit/relay socket            usocket
    hashlib           m5flow/unit/rgb_  ssd1306           ussl
    heapq             m5flow/unit/tof   ssl               ustruct
    io                m5flow/units      struct            utime
    json              m5flow/utils      sys               utimeq
    logging           m5flow/wifichoose time              uzlib
    m5base            m5flow/wificonfig tpcalib           websocket
    m5flow/app_manage m5flow/wifisetup  ubinascii         writer
    m5flow/i2c_bus    m5ui              ucollections      ymodem
    m5flow/m5cloud    machine           uctypes           zlib
    Plus any modules on the filesystem
    >>> 

etc...

Or if you don't go into the REPL prompt, but still have the screen session connected, you can see the serial logs from the m5stack. Reboot the M5stack and you should see the Blynk start up, plus some other useful information (network connection, connection to M5cloud, etc.).

To exit the screen session press CTRL+A then CTRL+\ then y.

• By the way, I haven't found a way to import existing m5b files into block-maker.m5stack.com, so here are the ones I created. Feel free to play around with them and even create some new ones! The official Blynk colors are here: http://docs.blynk.cc/#blynk-main-operations-change-widget-properties

Blynk Init:
    0_1549395441904_blynk_init.png

import BlynkLib
    BLYNK_AUTH = ${auth_token}
    blynk = BlynkLib.Blynk(BLYNK_AUTH)

Blynk Run:
    0_1549395472566_blynk_run.png

blynk.run()

Uptime:
    0_1549395486257_uptime.png

@blynk.VIRTUAL_READ(${pin})
    def v${pin}_read_handler():
        time_val = time.ticks_ms() // 1000
        blynk.virtual_write(${pin}, time_val)
        lcd.textClear(${x}, ${y}, '      ', lcd.${bg_color})
        lcd.print(time_val, ${x}, ${y}, lcd.${fg_color})

Slider: (Note, this is slightly different than the tutorial above. I was experimenting with passing a variable into the block. Feel free to adjust it as needed)
    0_1549395507104_slider.png

@blynk.VIRTUAL_WRITE(${pin})
    def v${pin}_write_handler(value):
        lcd.textClear(${x}, ${y}, '    ', lcd.${bg_color})
        ${variable} = '{}'.format(value).strip("['']")
        lcd.print(${variable}, ${x}, ${y}, lcd.${fg_color}, transparent=True, fixedwidth=True)

Push Notification:
    0_1549395564695_push_notification.png

@blynk.VIRTUAL_WRITE(${pin})
    def v${pin}_write_handler(value):
        if value:
            blynk.notify(${text})

I'm really interested in how to link blocks together, like the m5stack team did for the MQTT blocks. But I'll start a new thread on that soon.

• Can you pm me your real name as I would like to credit you in my book for all the hard work on M5Blynk

• Very cool! Can't wait to try it out!

• I just noticed the Blynk developers released a new version 0.2.0 of blynk-library-python on git hub. I seems to have some additional advanced features like

• debug logging
    • custom server
    • changing heartbeat
    • connected/disconnected events
    • generic virtual pin events
    • BlynkTimer

I have not tried this out yet, but plan to in the next week or so. In case you wanted to try the older version of the library, here is the commit:
    https://github.com/vshymanskyy/blynk-library-python/commit/4cbf641fade72a11e797436a8656ebf28f239801

• @world101 I managed to build a private server on Saturday but having auto startup issues.
    I’ve tried the guide but still have to manually start the server

• @ajb2k3 said in Blynk on M5Stack via uiFlow and block-maker:

@world101 I managed to build a private server on Saturday but having auto startup issues.
    I’ve tried the guide but still have to manually start the server

What platform did you build the local server on (Linux, RPi, etc)?

• @world101 RPI 2B

• @ajb2k3

Try the following:

edit the crontab

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ crontab -e
    no crontab for pi - using an empty one

Select an editor. To change later, run 'select-editor'.

1. /bin/ed
    2. /bin/nano <---- easiest
    3. /usr/bin/vim.tiny

Choose 1-3 [2]: 2
    Go to the end of the file and add the following command. Do not forget to modify the path to match your installation directory.

@reboot java -jar /home/pi/server-0.23.0.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Blynk &

Source: https://diyprojects.io/blynk-how-to-install-a-private-local-server-on-raspberry-pi-3-unlimited-energy-test-wemos-dht22/#.XGvrGqROmEc

• That’s the one I followed and still not auto loading. Will have another go tonight

• @world101 Got everything working using UiFlow V1.2!

• Hi! I'm a complete beginner learning to use stickC, I managed to figure out Blynk with Arduino, but now, I'd like to do it with uiflow.
    Since I have the latest versions of both (blynk.py - 0.2.6 & uiflow - 1.4.5.1), I wanted to know if the procedure is still the same. Also, if there are other reference links/good material to learn about esp32 with python, then do share!
    I'm an industrial design student trying to make a battery-powered heated lunchbox for my thesis, which I'd like to control with the phone and also show nice graphics using stickC.
    Any help appreciated!
    Thank you :)

• @akshaypatil said in Blynk on M5Stack via uiFlow and block-maker:

Hi! I'm a complete beginner learning to use stickC, I managed to figure out Blynk with Arduino, but now, I'd like to do it with uiflow.
    Since I have the latest versions of both (blynk.py - 0.2.6 & uiflow - 1.4.5.1), I wanted to know if the procedure is still the same. Also, if there are other reference links/good material to learn about esp32 with python, then do share!
    I'm an industrial design student trying to make a battery-powered heated lunchbox for my thesis, which I'd like to control with the phone and also show nice graphics using stickC.
    Any help appreciated!
    Thank you :)

Alright!
    I figured how to upload and run the BlynkLib 0.2.0 on uiflow - 1.4.5. :D
    The device is successfully detected and shown running on the android app.
    Now, I only need to figure how to control/toggle GPIO pins through uiflow with Blynk. :)

Any tips? :P

P.S.
    The push notification is not working. Is this limited to M5Stack only? Or also possible on my device...

0_1586982302153_b86f4476-65ee-4135-bce2-b761c18b4e98-image.png

• @akshaypatil

I haven’t worked with Blynk in a while, so I can’t comment on gpio control. If you end up getting something working, please share it.

I’ll see if I can find time to test push notifications on the m5stickC.