M5Stack with RFID face as home Automation alarm panel

• Hallo,

I have build an alarm panel for my Home Automation system (Home Assistant and Homey) from a M5stack with the RFID face Plate.
    Communication goes via (secure) MQTT. I used the m5ez Library for headers and buttons and the m5stack SPIFFS image Library.

HA Alarm panel

Github page

Gr. Remco

• Very nice project, Thanks for sharing. I wondered if you could create a simple project page for this project on our hackster.io (https://www.hackster.io/m5stack) this way it is more visible to other users of M5Stack.

• @rhannink This looks good! I'm looking for a replacement of the Zipato Mini RFID tag reader I've been using the arm/disarm my Home Assistant alarm system. Unfortunately these are sold out everywhere. Your project sounds very interesting but at the location I'm planning to put this, there is no power... Would you think it would be possible to have the entire project (controller + RFID reader + screen) in deep sleep most of the time, and only wake it up when one of the physical buttons is pressed? Is there an estimate about how much power that would still use?
    Thanks in advance for any reply!