DAC module

• I made a simple temperature regulator. I have attached a DAC module. Everything is fine when I send zero value - the module gives zero. If the value is greater than zero (1-100%) the DAC module gives 3.3 V or 100%. Do you have any description of how the DAC module works?

• @kris I don't have this module but I thought you would send a number, N, up to 4095 and the output voltage would be 3.3 V * N/4096. So I don't understand why you are sending a value in units of percent. Maybe I'm taking your comment too literally.

Also, another thing that confuses me is that the voltage being fed into the DAC from the Grove port is supposedly 5 V, so wouldn't the output of the DAC be 0 to 5V, not 0 to 3.3 V?

I'm a chemical engineer, not an electrical engineer, but in the schematic it looks like there is nothing that is regulating the voltage from 5 V to 3.3 V. The LM321MFX looks like a unity gain buffer. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge will enlighten me.

• I tested the DAC module. You need to use dac0.writeData (Volt, save = True) in the range from 0 to 2700 to get from 0 to 3.3V. For variable indications to be similar to voltage, they should be divided by 0.00125.0_1576164830010_DAC.png